WilsonHCG has been supporting Dress for Success, a global charity that helps to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work.
"Members of WilsonHCG’s Women who Lead employee belonging group (EBG) started supporting Dress for Success earlier this year, but that support has since been rolled out companywide because of the desire from so many people to help,” Kim Pope, chief operating officer and chair of the Women who Lead EBG at WilsonHCG said. “Dress for Success is such a worthy cause and I’m so proud to work alongside such compassionate team members who want to make a difference. It can be really tough for women trying to return to the workforce from an extended period of leave or other circumstances that may have affected their lives, so it’s an absolute honor to be involved in helping women achieve their goals. From toiletry donations and education sessions to conducting mock interviews and reviewing resumes, WilsonHCG employees are doing all they can to help – and I couldn’t be prouder.”
WilsonHCG, which is headquartered in Tampa, Fla., has been supporting the Tampa Bay division with various activities and initiatives including:
- A Kudos donation drive: Many WilsonHCG employees donated Kudos points, which were then exchanged for cash to buy toiletries and essentials for Dress for Success. (Kudos is a peer-to-peer platform in which employees can award colleagues points that can be exchanged for gift vouchers.)
- Live training session: Women who Lead EBG members developed a training they presented to Dress for Success members, which featured advice and tips on how to create a standout resume and LinkedIn profile and how to approach an interview.
- Mock interviews: Employees at WilsonHCG volunteer their time to host virtual mock interview sessions with disadvantaged women. They provide feedback and actionable insights on how to have a successful interview.
- Resume reviews: Employees at WilsonHCG donate their time to review the resumes of the Dress for Success members and suggest edits to shine among the candidates.
- Letters of encouragement: Employees have been putting pen to paper to provide some encouraging words for women in the Tampa Bay area looking to break back into the workforce.
For more information about Dress for Success, please visit its website here.